The UBC Neuroscience Trainee Association aims to promote the growth of the academic, professional, cultural, and social well-being of its members with the ultimate goal of developing a cohesive, supportive, and vibrant neuroscience community both on and off-campus.
Specific goals are to:
- Represent, advocate for, and protect the interests of neuroscience graduate students.
- Facilitate and foster synergistic relationships between supervisors, professors, and students.
- Provide timely and efficient communication of relevant information to students and NeuroTA members about events and news relevant to the GPN.
- Provide ongoing academic advice and support to students completing required coursework and working towards their thesis.
- Encourage and promote social interaction between NeuroTA members, students and faculty, and the UBC community at large through the organization of social events, fundraisers, and volunteering opportunities.
- Improve and enhance all aspects of graduate student life in the Neuroscience program at UBC.
Brett Hathaway (Co-President)
Hong Lu (Co-President)
Yundi Wang (VP Communications/Finances/GSS rep)
Amanda Cheung (VP Academic)
Philipp Kreyenmeier (VP Wellness)
Eric McGinn (VP Outreach)
Mathias Delhaye (VP Academic)
Fermin Hoq (VP Communications)
Amanda Namchuk (VP Social)
Anjana Rajendran (VP Students)
Tanisse Teale (VP Social)
Megan Liu (First Year Representative)