The UBC Neuroscience Trainee Association aims to promote the growth of the academic, professional, cultural, and social well-being of its members with the ultimate goal of developing a cohesive, supportive, and vibrant neuroscience community both on and off-campus.
Specific goals are to:
- Represent, advocate for, and protect the interests of neuroscience graduate students.
- Facilitate and foster synergistic relationships between supervisors, professors, and students.
- Provide timely and efficient communication of relevant information to students and NeuroTA members about events and news relevant to the GPN.
- Provide ongoing academic advice and support to students completing required coursework and working towards their thesis.
- Encourage and promote social interaction between NeuroTA members, students and faculty, and the UBC community at large through the organization of social events, fundraisers, and volunteering opportunities.
- Improve and enhance all aspects of graduate student life in the Neuroscience program at UBC.
Amanda Namchuck, Co-president
Mathias Delhaye, Co-president
Yundi Wang, GSS Neuroscience Representative, Co-vice-president Finances
Megan Liu, Co-VP Finance
Sarah Ebert, VP Academic
Shruti Kochhar, Co-VP Outreach
Ava Momeni, Co-VP Outreach
Fermin Hoq, Co-VP Communication
Rocio Hollman, Co-VP Communication
Anjana Rajendran, VP Students
Philipp Kreyenmeier, VP Wellness
Tetiana Poliakova, VP Social & 1st-year Representative
Andrew Thompson, Undergraduate Liaison
Shalini Iyer, Graduate Student Representative for the Brain Bee Project