Applications for the Graduate Program in Neuroscience at UBC are received through the UBC Faculty of Graduate Studies. For information on the application process, visit www.grad.ubc.ca.
Once submitted, applications are forwarded to the UBC Graduate Program in Neuroscience. The Graduate Program in Neuroscience Committee reviews applications, and accepted applications are forwarded back to the Faculty of Graduate studies, who will provide final approval and notify successful applicants.
Acceptance into the Graduate Program in Neuroscience is dependent on:
- Meeting the general entrance requirements of the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Canada/US or International, along with Neuroscience Program requirements (see Eligibility),
- Acceptance by the Neuroscience Admissions Committee, and
- Secured supervisor and funding. You do not need to have secured a supervisor at the time of application but only students who have secured a supervisor will be admitted to the program.
To make your application more competitive, consider the following:
- Browse the current faculty members at https://neuroscience.centreforbrainhealth.ca/members-neuroscience and https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/finding-supervisor
- Contact any faculty whose research interests match your own, and ask if they are interested in taking on students (it is helpful to include your resume, transcript and brief summary of your research interests)
- Prepare your application documents before you start the online application
- Secure external funding
Application for admissions are open for the Fall session beginning September only. We do not have January or May admissions.
NOTE: There is a possibility that you will not hear about the status of your application until the end of May 2022. We understand that you might have to reply to offers from different institutions, but our faculty supervisors may not be able to commit to taking on students until they can confirm funding.
If you self-identify as an Aboriginal person of Canada, please email email@example.com before applying. We can provide you with information on the application process, UBC Indigenous programs, scholarships and bursaries, and student services specifically for Indigenous students.